The Food Bank of Northwest Indiana’s Mobile Market is available to all Northwest Indiana residents in need of food assistance. Each Market will provide FREE grains, fruits, vegetables and protein to individuals and families. Mobile Market travels to a different community each week, distributing healthy food to communities across the Region. Often, the Food Bank partners with community organizations to supply additional services and resources.
The Mobile Market will be at Washington Elementary School January 20 from 3:00 PM till 5:00 PM.
Copy and paste the following for the February 2021 schedule: https://foodbanknwi.org/programs/families/mobile-pantries/marketplace/
Free Grocery Pick Up
READ, READ, READ!
Because reading is the foundation of learning, it is important that everyone reads EVERYDAY. But where can we find books with everything being closed? The following is a list of websites that offer great reading resources online ... and they're free! Click the underlined name of each website for access.
- Storyline Online - This is a collection of books that are read by well-known celebrities. The readers are really engaging and your kids will surely enjoy them. Click the link to the right for tips on how to use this site.
- Epic - It's a digital library with LOTS of books for kids 12 and under.
- Open Library - Sign up using your SCEC Google address so that you can check out books and read them online. After signing up, scroll down to find the "Kids" books.
- Free Booksy - Amazon has a limited number of free books. Download the Kindle app from Amazon to read them online.
- Newsela - Do you want to know what's going on in the world today? Newsela is a great resource for current events and is suitable for most kids in grades 3 and above. Parents, each article comes with questions to check for understanding.
- Lincoln's Book Nook - This is a collection of books that are read by adults and are great especially just before bedtime. Find the link on at the top of Lincoln's webpage.